[Question #126356]: Using verify to check backups with complex include/exclude lists

New question #126356 on Duplicity:

I have quite a complex set of scripts backing up my HTPC/server to an external HDD with public key encryption (using different keys for signing and encrypting). When you strip out all the extras, I'm pretty sure it boils down to (I don't have it in front of me):
duplicity --include-globbing-filelist=include.txt --exclude-globbing-filelist=exclude.txt / sftp://[…;]

Am I safe verifying the backup by simply running:
duplicity verify sftp://[…;] /
?

Will this:
1. check each file included in the remote archive; and
2. NOT endanger the local copy of any of my files?

Or do I need to craft an equally-complex line for verify?

Thanks a lot!