Re: [Question #133863]: Is it possible to make incremental backups while the full backup runs?

Patrick Allemann posted a new comment:
Hi ede,

yeah - I did think of that workaround but I would still be at risk as
rsync would also upload the files sequentially. I would have a backup on
my usb-disk but it still would not be stored off-site in case of a
catastrophic event.

As far as I got the concept, a incremental backup alsways is connected
to a backup chain which starts with a full backup. I don't yet see why
my incremental backups could be added to last months backup chain as
long as this months full backup is not finished yet. The "new-recent-
fullbackup" is valid starting the date it finished I guess. Can't I
force duplicity to connect to the old backup chain? In duply you have
the possibility to force the process into full or incremental - but it
gets messed up with the cached files if there are two running processes.

patrick