Re: [Question #133863]: Is it possible to make incremental backups while the full backup runs?

Allo proposed the following answer:
I had the same question. it would not be 4 days, but over 20 hours at
best rate, so i can expect my daily backup may start before the full
backup is uploaded, because it may become more than 24 hours to finish
the upload.

my Ideas:
maybe using flock(1):
flock -w 1 duplicity --bla --blub  #if a lock from another running job exists, wait 1 second and stop without backup

duplicity full /tobackup /remote/path/new-full;
rm -r /remote/path/backup
mv /remote/path/new-full /remote/path/backup

and incremental backups to /remote/path/backup

but with --name "bla", duplicity should check for other instances
running on job "bla" and stop, when it finds another instance.