[Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

New question #163372 on Duplicity:

I'm using duplicity 0.6.13

I did a successful dup from local to a remote server /home/user/backup   of a little over 603GB  (was 500GB or so compressed duplicity files in total)

I then MOVED the entire "backup" directory to /data/backup   which was a partition with more space...
(I actually used rsync to copy over the /home/user/backup  duplicity files to the new /data/backup)

I then ran Duplicity again, and it did seem to download first a 2GB ".sigtar" signature file? And then it started on creating incrementals but there's no way I'm thinking it should be be at 28GB of incremental files and climbing after just ONE day since the full backup!

Is it possible something is wrong? I do notice in the logs that a lot of files begin with "A" , some do begin with "M" and some with "D" i think. Does A mean "Add" and M 'modified'? Some of the ones starting with A seem to be pretty old and I don't think they shoudl have changed. ie

A  /path/tofile/filename.pdf
A /path/dir/file2.pdf
D /path/dir/file.pd
M  /path/dir/file...

What are the meanings of A, D, or M? Most seem to be "A" ...and some M, and few D's

Its just hard to believe the 'diffs'/incremental data to one day's worth can be over 28GB and counting...still has ways to go...
If duplicity is interrupted does it just continue from where it left off ok? (ie if i kill -8 it...)