Re: [Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

> I then MOVED the entire "backup" directory to /data/backup   which was a partition with more space...
> (I actually used rsync to copy over the /home/user/backup  duplicity files to the new /data/backup)

this should pose no problem, if you can assure the transfer was flawless. a checksum compare or using -c with rsync would tell you.

> I then ran Duplicity again, and it did seem to download first a 2GB ".sigtar" signature file? And then it started on creating incrementals but there's no way I'm thinking it should be be at 28GB of incremental files and climbing after just ONE day since the full backup!

did you exclude the duplicity archive dir? this usually amount to a
bigger dataset, especially on really big backups like yours.

don't know about the flags you mention. are these parts of the duplicity output?
regarding this. please deliver us the full commandline of your duplicity call together with the full output of a run with the parameter '-v9' for debugging output. obfuscate private data!

ede/duply.net