Re: [Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

virtual joe gave more information on the question:
Correction, I now have 1,532  duplicity-inc* files totaling 39GBs  :(

I did notice that you were right and there was a .cache directory file
in the home directory of the user I ran duplicity from and that
directory is 7GB, which really still doesn't explain 39GBs of
diffs/incremental either I would think.

I wish that the documentation had explained the A, M, and D better,
unless I'm blind :D because I tried searching/googling everywhere and
could not find any interpretation of the A , M, D in front of a file
path of the duplicity standard output while its running...

Also, how does duplicity compare files? based on date/time/creation or
actual analysis of the exact file size/hash etc? I'm just afraid that
the "A" means "ADD" meaning it thinks the file is new and not inside the
full backup already or something like that...

Here is my CURRENT running process that's doing the duplicity
incremental:

/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/duplicity --verbosity 5 --gpg-options --cipher-
algo=AES256 --exclude /sys --exclude /proc --exclude /tmp --exclude /dev
--exclude /restores /
scp://dupeuser@remotebackupserver:Port//data/securebackup

And here is the ORIGINAL first time I ran duplicity...which completely
with no errors.

sudo duplicity --verbosity 5 --gpg-options "--cipher-algo=AES256"
--exclude /sys --exclude /proc --exclude /tmp --exclude /dev /
scp://dupeuser@remotebackupserver:Port//home/dupeuser/securebackup &>
/tmp/log.txt

Of course as i mentioned before I ran the Incremental, ie ran dup the
second time, I moved the duplicity files from
/home/dupeuser/securebackup on the remote server to /data/securebackup
but as you said that shouldn't matter.  It did find the full backup when
the incremental started and downloaded the sigtar file and it seems to
be running fine just growing way too huge for incrementals. I think
maybe the key is figuring out what the "A" means for sure....

My only guess is that somehow its including old already included files
in the full, A "adding" them into the diffs....