Re: [Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

virtual joe is still having a problem:
Many thanks for the reply, it is still running the duplicity-inc* files
are now 29GB and growing...

When I ran the dup the second time for the incrementals using the
--verbosity 5 and I dumped the output of duplicity's verbosity to a file
which I tail/watch and that's where I see the sftp put upload messages
and then listing files

A /path/dir/file.txt
A /path/dir/file2.txt
M /asdfsa/sdfsa/file.txt

etc with many beginning with A, some with M, and a bit with D ...i
figured A = Add file? and M=Modified file? and D=Deleted file?

I believe the archive directory is inside /tmp which is in fact
excluded. (I did see at the beginning it was in temp that duplicity was
downloading the 2GB sigtar file for example...)

The initial duplicity ran perfectly it said there were no errors, and it
made tons of 26MB duplicity-full files...its just hard for me to believe
that the diffs can really be 29GB...I guess I really need to know for
sure what the A stands for in the verbosity 5 log I'm reading, because
if it means its a new file then something is wrong because some of these
files beginning with A are very old untouched files...

If in fact somehow the Incremental is all wrong and it will want to redo
the entire 600GB again and put it in duplicity-inc* files, can I just
kill the dup, kill -8 and then delete all the duplicity-inc* files and
retry again?