Re: [Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

virtual joe gave more information on the question:
I killed it.

I am now doing a duplicity verify.

I noticed even without deleting anything, it still "Re-Downloads" the
full 2GB SigTar file. A feature request would be to keep it and compare
to see if local is same as remote and if so don't re-download since
takes a while on a slower connection.

Also, although I did not move any source files around, by what you said
it seems to indicate duplicity does not attempt to use hardlinks to link
identical files in different places, but will copy each over as a
separate file. I believe rdiff-backup does not, it uses hardlinks right?
Any possibility of supporting hardlinks in the future for duplicity
also?

I hope to have more info once the duplicity "verify" completes to
perhaps find out why most of the files even old untouched ones are being
flagged as new and "A" added when doing incremental duplicity run....

I'm hoping it has nothing to do with anything peculiar between my source
and target backup system, date/timezones and file system
differences...(source gentoo/reiserfs  destination centOS ext4)