Re: [Question #163372]: Incremental detecting old files as new?

virtual joe gave more information on the question:

Did I FIND the PROBLEM? Is it because in the second run, the incremental run of duplicity I 'EXCLUDED' the /RESTORES directory (123GB) which had been already backed up/included in the FULL duplicity??

I had thought that if I EXCLUDED the 120GB  /RESTORES folder the second
time I ran dupe, ie the incremental run, that it would just make a
'note' that those files are deleted so it would not transfer much data
to do that, but perhaps my assumption was wrong and excluding big
folders with tons of files creates such problems?