Re: [Question #163116]: Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch when trying to verify/restore

Kenneth Loafman proposed the following answer:
How did you increase ulimit?  Did you sign out and back in?  Increasing
files is a very cheap setting resource wise.  You can find out how to
increase it permanently by searching Google for 'linux num_files limit'.

Given the number of incrementals you have, duplicity will use a couple of
thousand file handles, 3 or 4 per incremental, so 50k is way over,

...Ken