[Question #174942]: Move backup to a different location

New question #174942 on Duplicity:

I would like to move my remote backup to  a different harddisk because the backup has become too big. Of course, I don't want to lose all the history so just creating a new full backup from scratch is not the ideal option.

I tried and follow the instructions here

http://blog.linux2go.dk/2011/01/20/moving-duplicity-and-hence-deja-dup-backups/

but I was not able to re-generate the correct hash.

My remote address is scp://username@host//data/backup but when I MD5-hash this I obtained a different value that the one stored in .cache.

I've also tried to delete .cache and re-run duplicity with the new remote location but duplicity crashed with an exception (I guess the hash is also stored on server-side...)

Am I missing something? Is there a better / different way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Paolo