[Question #175163]: What diagnostics are provided by Duplicity?

New question #175163 on Duplicity:

During a backup or restore operation, what diagnostics are provided by Duplicity? Do the diagnostics go to stderr? To a fixed log file location? I am interested in obvious problems like "backup media not available," "lost connection to backup media," and so forth. I am also interested in unusual conditions such as internal errors.

Thank you!