[Question #175207]: Duplicity stopped recognizing the S3 backup scheme

New question #175207 on Duplicity:

I run Duplicity from the PPA on Lucid. Last night I got the following message when the backup script ran:

"UnsupportedBackendScheme: scheme not supported in url: s3+http"

Some hours before that duplicity was upgraded to  0.6.16-0ubuntu0ppa6~lucid1 which I guess means that the latest version of the PPA is broken. Is there any workaround or do I have to downgrade to 0.6.08b-0ubuntu2.1 in Lucid?