Re: [Question #177283]: OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory issue

On 02.11.2011 17:25, Terry wrote:
> New question #177283 on Duplicity:
>
> Hi, I'm running into an issue where it seems duplicity is eating up memory while doing an initial backup until I get OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory.
>
> I have about 90GB of data I need to backup on a regular bases.  I'm sure that duplicity is fully capable of much larger backups (right?).
>
> I'm running 0.6.16 on Debian Lenny.

you might want to google this one.
i found
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2003-02/msg00000.html
and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/deja-dup/+bug/780270

it seems currently mysterious and connected to either path length or
size of the backup.

i will mark it as a duplicate of the bug above and convert it to a bug.
please attach a private data obfuscated output of a run with maximum
verbosity '-v9' so we can see what is going on...

regards ede/duply.net