Re: [Question #175163]: What diagnostics are provided by Duplicity?

edso posted a new comment:
>During a backup or restore operation, what diagnostics are provided by
Duplicity? Do the diagnostics go to stderr?

errors yes, notification and such go to STDOUT

> To a fixed log file location?

check the manpage on how to achieve that
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html

>I am interested in obvious problems like "backup media not available,"
"lost connection to backup media," and so forth. I am also interested in
unusual conditions such as internal errors.

often duplicity error messages are not very helpful. just error stacks or sometimes assertion errors. but one by one we are trying to improve the situation.
having said that, please try duplicity out and come back with suggestions/patches.

ede/duply.net