Re: [Question #175163]: What diagnostics are provided by Duplicity?

David Arnstein posted a new comment:
Hello ed.so,

What I am looking for is a reliable indicator for the situation where a
file should have been backed up, but was not. Typically, this would be a
problem with user environment, rather than an issue with Duplicity
itself.

I consider this to be an essential feature for a backup system. I am
concerned about this because I am aware of at least one other OSS
project that ignores such errors. The last time I looked, Ubuntu's
sbackup called tar(1) to do the real work. Sbackup piped both stdout and
stderr to /dev/null.

Please don't do that to duplicity!