Re: [Question #181785]: Any known issue running duplicity in a subshell

On 13.12.2011 17:45, Chris Stankaitis wrote:
> New question #181785 on Duplicity:
>
> Some of the data we have to backup is rather large so to get everything backed up efficiently I was thinking that I would just fork multiple copies of duplicity to backup different targets using a subshell.
>
> Are there any known issues to doing this?  or are there any duplicity "best practises" which could achieve the same result in a different way?

could you give some more details? which backend do you use? what is your
internet connection bandwidth? what size is your backup and how much of
that changes in a backup period?

i understand correctly: you want to run multiple duplicity instances in
parallel?

ede/duply.net