Re: [Question #181785]: Any known issue running duplicity in a subshell

Chris Stankaitis posted a new comment:
Sure we have a server that does backup's of databases these dumps are
rather large.  because of the way some of the db schema has been
designed we're looking at about 300GB of data change per day across 6
different db's with about 1.5-2TB for the monthly full backup. we're
backing up over scp locally to a different archive box over a 1gig lan
connection.

each dump is to it's own dir so we want to run multiple copies of
duplicity each backing up each dir to the target server, we require this
because as we grow and when it comes to doing full backup's the current
serial process that is duplicity risks running longer then our window.

looking at this example in bash on how to do parallel processing:

---

(cat list1 list2 list3 | sort | uniq > list123) &
(cat list4 list5 list6 | sort | uniq > list456) &
	# Merges and sorts both sets of lists simultaneously.
	# Running in background ensures parallel execution.
	#
	# Same effect as
	#   cat list1 list2 list3 | sort | uniq > list123 &
	#   cat list4 list5 list6 | sort | uniq > list456 &

	wait   # Don't execute the next command until subshells finish.

	diff list123 list456

Source - http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/abs-guide.html#SUBSHELLS

---

Can I do something similar with duplicity

(duplicity opts target1 dest1)
(duplicity opts target2 dest2)
(duplicity opts target3 dest3)

etc..