Re: [Question #193846]: These backup times seem very excessive

Kai-Alexander Ude proposed the following answer:

First of all thank you all for that great support!
Since about one week my problem has gone and I hope it will never comes back again.

I think the reason for that were the number and the amount of the files which were backuped every day.
After upgrading duplicity and duply to the latest version and dividing one single profile which managed the whole backup files in the past into four separate profiles everything works fine and very fast :-)
Now every profile "belongs" to a single service (web, mail, db, ...).
The incr backup takes less than an hour and not 10 hours and more.

But ten hours is nothing in comparison of cstankaitis' problem.
Are you trying to backup files which are already compressed?
I added this additional parameter:
--gpg-options "--compress-algo=bzip2 --bzip2-compress-level=1"
... in one special profile what is used for backing up already compressed files.

Are the files or could it be that the files are modified during the
backup process?