[Question #197908]: Which duplicity files to backup before HDD format and 12.04 reinstall

New question #197908 on Duplicity:

I have an ubuntu 12.04 box and the update from 11.10 did not go that well, so that I am thinking of formatting and reinstalling.

I use duplicity to backup a directory to an internal HDD and to amazon S3. My question is, which duplicity  files should I save before my format so that I will be able to continue using the same backup settings and continue my (until now) incremental backups on S3 and internal HDD?

Is it OK to save the archive files under /.cache/deja-dup/HASH and /.cache/duplicity/HASE and then restore them in their respective location after the format?

Do I need anything else (signatures? settings? config files?)? After the fresh install, will I be able to continue with the incremental backups?

Thanks a lot