Re: [Question #212772]: incremental adding unchanged files

On 05.11.2012 00:11, Keith Cornwell wrote:
> Question #212772 on Duplicity changed:

> Keith Cornwell gave more information on the question:
> Oops.
> duplicity 0.6.19
> Python 2.7.3
> ubuntu server 12.04
>
> With --dry-run it has no problem. I tried it with -v9 and again with
> -v4. As long as --dry-run is there it tries to only back up a few files
> that have changed. If I remove --dry-run it adds 1000s of files that
> haven't changed.
>
> It's only on this large backup that this problem occurs. I have 3
> smaller backups (~7GB)  that have no problems. 2 to the same external
> drive and one to S3.

first.. try the new 0.6.20 it's much more performant on ubuntu.

secondly..
never heard of an issue like that. please do both runs with/without '--dry-run' in debug verbosity and copy

- the complete output
- the command line used on top

into a log file per run and pastebin those. obfuscate private data in it
that you do not want other to see first!

post the links here so i can have a look at those.