[Question #225839]: Can error about Paramiko and GIO modules be ignored?

New question #225839 on Duplicity:

Each time I run Duplicity the two first lines of output is:
Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Failed: No module named gio
Import of duplicity.backends.sshbackend Failed: No module named paramiko

The rest of the output is OK and everything works. I use rsync:// for the target.

Can these error messages be safely ignored?

If not, what packages in Ubuntu shall I install to satisfy these dependencies? Could the error message be changed to hint those package names?

If yes, should I file a bug that these errors shall not be shown unless the target is SFTP/SSH?