Re: [Question #228855]: Duplicity does not recognize Network down - full backup is not complete

> Duplicity does not notice that the network was down:
> - there are no messages in the duplicity log and
> - restoring such a backup shows that the backup is not complete

if the backup is incomplete then duplicity should have finished with an error exit code and the log output should show the upload error.
i guess your duplicity process is still running and trying to retry (by default usually 5 tries wait 10s).

> What is the best practice here? I thought about:
> - I am missing something obvious and duplicity does handle this situation

see above

> - Monitoring the Network with NRPE

how would that help duplicity?

> - Using the "verify" option after every full/diff backup, though our
backups are huge (up to 700 GByte)

generally a good idea. you should do that frequently to ensure your
backups are proper. note: there will be a switch --compare-data in the
next release, to allow you to actually compare backed up data against an
also saved checksum

..ede