Re: [Question #235468]: Can't backup into a directory

On 11.09.2013 18:41, Tim Chi wrote:
> Question #235468 on Duplicity changed:

> Tim Chi is still having a problem:
> I'm trying to make a backup.
>
> When I use this script on the source machine:
>
> duplicity /disk2/repositories/subversion/repos/projrod scp://user@host
> --ssh-askpass
>
> It works perfectly. But I want to make a backup from my target location.

read the man page... again section Actions
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#toc5

duplicity detects from the order url and local path are given, what mode
(backup vs. restore) it must switch to.

btw. duplicity only backs up local data to remote. it cannot access and
backup remote data!