Maybe a bug?

So when investigating recent bugs, I found an interesting behavior.

Interrupt duplicity, delete the file it was backing up, restart duplicity.
When restored, duplicity will happily restore the half-file it backed up.

Is that bad?  Should we notice this issue when restarting a backup and
insert a deletion notice in the backup?

I'm not broken up about the behavior, but I can see why it's wrong.  It's
kind of a pain to fix.  Especially since fixing *really* properly would
probably mean scanning for *any* of the files in the incomplete backup for
deletion when restarting.  Which is harder than just checking the one file
we were backing up.

Thoughts?

-mt

Follow ups