Re: [Question #245129]: Duplicity 0.6.22 restore fails with error code 21

Daniel Hobi confirmed that the question is solved:
We can confirm, that this is not a duplicity issue.

What caused the symptoms on our setup was:
- We are running 10.04 LTS
- We activated the unatteded security updates
- Unfortunately, this security update of smbfs was not on the machine (We think it should have been):
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/samba/2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.13
(We are still investigating why this didn't happen)

So what caused our problems was that the pkg smbfs (in Version 3.12) did
not work properly in combination with the latest security updates.

Once we realized this, a manual upgrade of smbfs to 3.13 made the symptoms disappear:
- Backuptime is back to normal
- No more CIFS Messages in kern.log
- The backup files are not corrupt anymore

Daniel