Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/backend-unification into lp:duplicity

On 28.04.2014 16:53, Michael Terry wrote:
> Well, two separate decisions: release 0.6.24 or not and whether we want to go to 0.7.
>
> But I don't have a reason to wait on releasing 0.6.24.
>
> And as for 0.7, I'm fine with that too.  Just a number.  :)
>
> But this branch itself feels like not a very momentous change.  By which I mean, end users shouldn't care about this at all.  Doesn't fix any big bugs (except maybe the --cf-backend argument) and doesn't add any new features.

it's just the sheer amount of modified code that worries me a bit. as i wrote in the other email

also,
1. old backend code e.g. released by somebody privately will not work anymore when dropped into duplicity/backends
2. true, officially switching to 2.6 might be another point, somebody might want to remove the 2.6'isms from the 0.6 branch if they really need duplicity on some oldold distro. supposing we also keep the 2.6 changes only in 0.7 branch.

..ede

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/backend-unification/+merge/216764
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/backend-unification into lp:duplicity.