[Question #248210]: Fatal Error & Question

New question #248210 on Duplicity:

Hi
So I wrote took a script out of the internet ( http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Duplicity_Script ) and modified it a little so it won't delete any updates, just do incremental backups when executed. When I execute the script in putty I get this:

Fatal Error: Unable to start incremental backup.  Old signatures not found and incremental specified

BUT everything is fine, the backup is created incrementally and the logs seem to be fine:

http://pastebin.com/p5e4Drim

So my questions:

a) Why do I get the error in SSH?
b) Where exactly is the point in running this let's say once a week, if for instance I loose a file and I notice that too late? Once the backup is ran the file is also missing in the backup right?