[Question #249971]: Is "--use-compress-program" option missing?

New question #249971 on Duplicity:

Is it possible to use different compression engine that gzip/gunzip with duplicity?

It seems to me that it would be useful to replace gzip/gunzip with its parralelized implementation pigz/unpigz on most of modern hardware. At least with plain "tar" this  provides me some performance benefit.