[Question #250273]: Merge diffs so no new complete backup is required

New question #250273 on Duplicity:

Why isn't there a feature in duplicity that lets you merge the chain of diffs into one backup and start the new diffs based on that? The integrity could be checked using checksums.
This feature would be especially helpful for a slow connection. Just having a backup of all my data lasts 3 months and I don't want to start a complete new backup a short time later.