Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes into lp:duplicity

> i would bet that now every request needs to be re-authenticated now. not sure that's a good idea.

Well...  We already did the connection close in many cases.  I just made it consistent.

I feel like the connection close to clear out the bad data/status was a bit of hack in the first place -- seems like really odd behavior of the library, but the workaround worked well.  I'm just extending the hack.

If we could come up with a better way that doesn't mean we close the connection, I'm all ears.  But I'm not very familiar with http python libraries.

> PS: i wonder why the backend suddenly needs this other way to write the request data. any clue?

It was an extra check added during the backends re-organization to enforce correctness.  When writing to a Path object, you ideally call setdata() on it after.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes/+merge/223183
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes into lp:duplicity.