Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes into lp:duplicity

> nope, just when failure occured, of which the error cause might have been the connection, hence the reset.

That's not quite true.  We did it in a normal case and an error case.  But I'm willing to believe there's a better fix.  Let me try forcing a read...

> ohh, i see, so your added check was that actually failed. not the old code?

Yeah, I guess.  Your comment made me rethink the fix.  I forgot the mantra of the backend rewrite, which is "let backends be dumb".  We already call setdata() for the backend, but we were doing it before the check I added.

Better to just move the setdata() call before the check.  I've done that already in this branch.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes/+merge/223183
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/webdav-fixes into lp:duplicity.