Re: [Question #256329]: Duration of verifying

On 29.10.2014 01:31, A.M. wrote:
> Question #256329 on Duplicity changed:

> A.M. is still having a problem:
> I have another question while this thread is still open:
>
> Could I create and store the duplicity backup locally on my NAS, upload it to my external server and then synchronize it with a given tool? Like would that work from duplicity's point of view?

yes, use the file:// target and sync that to some remote location

> The only issue I see here is if one of the parts of the backup is
changed the sync will upload a new file without deleting/replacing the
old one, right?

backup volumes are never touched. they are merely deleted if old chains
were discarded.

> My plan in general is this: Make an encrypted backup of my personal
> files and upload them to a external server for backup purposes. And I
> think this is my best shot at this without constantly having to download
> the backup I made, right?

if down-/upload speed is the limiting factor using a local file://
target and syncing that after duplicity runs is the general workaround.

..ede/duply.net

PS: make sure to use the latest duplicity 0.6.25 if you value your data.