[Question #259173]: rsync backend fails

New question #259173 on Duplicity:

My duplicity calls have started failing when using rsync. The problem goes back at least until November, which is as far as my logs seem to go. Using scp seems to work. For example, if I run the following:

    mkdir /tmp/testsource
mkdir /tmp/testbackup
touch /tmp/testsource/foo
export PASSPHRASE="test"

duplicity full /tmp/testsource scp://localhost//tmp/testbackup
duplicity inc /tmp/testsource scp://localhost//tmp/testbackup
duplicity inc /tmp/testsource rsync://localhost//tmp/testbackup