Re: [Question #259173]: rsync backend fails

Description changed to:
My duplicity calls have started failing when using rsync. The problem
goes back at least until November, which is as far as my logs seem to
go. Using scp seems to work. For example, if I run the following:

    mkdir /tmp/testsource
    mkdir /tmp/testbackup
    touch /tmp/testsource/foo
    export PASSPHRASE="test"

    duplicity full /tmp/testsource scp://localhost//tmp/testbackup
    duplicity inc /tmp/testsource scp://localhost//tmp/testbackup
    duplicity inc /tmp/testsource rsync://localhost//tmp/testbackup

Everything works until the last command, at which point I get

    Attempt 1 failed. BackendException: Error running 'rsync -e 'ssh
-oBatchMode=yes' /localhost//tmp/testbackup/':    returned 23, with
output:

    rsync: change_dir "/localhost//tmp/testbackup" failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1165) [sender=3.1.1]

I'm not sure where exactly the problem lies, but I suspect one of the underlying packages changed.
Thanks!