Re: [Question #263976]: High usage of /tmp when downloading signatures file for verification

On 22.03.2015 15:41, Marco B. wrote:
> Question #263976 on Duplicity changed:
>
> Marco B. posted a new comment:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for your help. I ran a collection-status with verbose level 9,
> using an external drive as a temporary dir so that the operation could
> complete. I didn't run a verify because the behaviour seems to be the
> same, and a verify would take hours.
>
> Here is a shortened version of the output log; you can find the full log
> here: http://pastebin.com/XUQBZ5da . (I managed to make it speak
> English, so this is untranslated.)

nice catch, looks like the fetch routines really create two temp files.
one in
 backend.get_fileobj_read(...)
the other in it's caller a little bit later under
 duplicity.sync_archive(...).copy_to_local(...)

will have to have a closer look to decide the necessity and come up with
a fix as probably necessary. please create a bug ticket for this and
link it to your question.

thanks ede/duply.net