Re: [Question #263472]: taking multiple full backups

satish kumar is still having a problem:
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the explanation, above configuration was for the test
setup.

My production servers requirenment  would be to store at all times 2
weeks of full backups and incremental at anyone time – so there will
always be just less than 3 weeks of backups at any one time – the
backups will then rotate with the oldest full backups and associated
incremental been deleted.

Please suggest a configuration for my server requirenment.

I have configured the below settings on production server.

# Time frame for old backups to keep, Used for the "purge" command.
# see duplicity man page, chapter TIME_FORMATS)
# defaults to 1M, if not set
MAX_AGE=2M

# Number of full backups to keep. Used for the "purge-full" command.
# See duplicity man page, action "remove-all-but-n-full".
# defaults to 1, if not set
MAX_FULL_BACKUPS=8

# activates duplicity --full-if-older-than option (since duplicity v0.4.4.RC3)
# forces a full backup if last full backup reaches a specified age, for the
# format of MAX_FULLBKP_AGE see duplicity man page, chapter TIME_FORMATS
# Uncomment the following two lines to enable this setting.
MAX_FULLBKP_AGE=1W
DUPL_PARAMS="$DUPL_PARAMS --full-if-older-than $MAX_FULLBKP_AGE "

My crontab entry :
0 */6 * * * env HOME=/root duply backups backup_purge-full --force

Thanks in advance
Satish