Re: [Question #273909]: duplicity package license with other backend

On 09.11.2015 11:37, zhoukai wrote:
> Question #273909 on Duplicity changed:

> zhoukai is still having a problem:
> hi ,
>
> I certainly want to push my code to branch, but unlike S3 archive
> storage object to  Glacier with lifecycle,   OSS haven't cover the
> lifecycle to archive data into OAS yet(I don't know if there will be),
>
>  so I developed the alicloud patch to put meta data(like manifest ,
> signature files) to OSS , and archive real data file(volumes )  straight
> to OAS.
>
> With this difference,   I will break the original duplicity code
> framework, so I don't think  your duplicity team will accept my patch ;(
>
>  I'm a new coder, also  I'm new to this project,  any ideas to fit with
> my demand?

i don't see a general issue there. to go forward i would suggest that
you check/adapt

- your backend is implementing our standard methods, so you are API compatible
- keep your specifics completely in your backend module
- maybe implement a default mode that keeps everything on OSS, but have a parameter to enable to your "split" mode
not to forget
- update the manpage (requirements, url, parameters ...)

push that to bazaar and we can have a look and move further.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.