Re: [Question #284247]: Move to GitHub

On 04.03.2016 14:17, Wernight wrote:
> Question #284247 on Duplicity changed:
>
> Wernight posted a new comment:
> Sync so that people can send pull requests from GitHub sounds like as
> solution.

at least as a step inbetween

>In general being on GitHub isn't a bug but it'd bring more
> people to contribute

suppose you mean 'not' being.

>(just as much as FB is the place where your friends
> are in general).

well, no, my friends are in my real life ;) in general.

> So it depends on you guys currently owning the project, if you want to
> keep it maintained as is, or open it more to where more developers are.

being on github or being "not open" enough is an argument that i hear
often these days, but that doesn't make it true at all.

1. duplicity is open source and everybody can contribute or modify away.
even patches are accepted when posted on the list.

2. git is not the only versioning system and having alternates as long
as they are developed and maintained is a good thing.

3. github is not the only git rep provider. git is especially developed
to support working non centrally. so what we actually need, if we need
anything at all is a git repository, regardless who hosts it that is
recent revisionwise and up 24/7.

so if anybody wants to setup a git mirror (on github or wherever),
because it is felt to make contributiuons more easy.. go ahead :)

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.

Follow ups