[Question #289824]: dropbox token_store location

New question #289824 on Duplicity:

I have had a problem that has haunted me for a long time: I setup a dropbox backup solution that worked fine, yet failed to work when ran from a CRON job.
I finally figured this out and would like to either share this info with other users and/or ask for a work-around in future versions.

When connecting a dropbox account the first time, one is directed to the website to verify the account. Doing this, a dropbox token file (.dropbox.token_store.txt) is created in the user's home folder. As long as this file is present, the backup runs fine. When running as the CRON job, this is probably done from the root account. The root however, does NOT have this token file in it's root - so the back-end will try to redirect the user to the website to verify the access. This process fails, because the CRON job neither hat a tty input nor a tty output - generating the cryptic message "needs human interaction". This nearly drove me mad.

Would it be possible to create an option that will store this token file in an alternative location, used regardless of the actual user? That would facilitate this kind of setup (running as a regular user for development; running as root or special user from a CRON job). Without this option, behavior could be as present - so as not to break current setups.

regards, Menno

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.