Re: [Question #288636]: Lost signatures?

Singpolyma confirmed that the question is solved:
I grabbed the latest duplicity code and added debugging statements until
I found the problem.  I had the opposite of what I thought: there were
signatures present, but no data files (I guess the signatures got
written, but the data files not or were corrupted or some such due to
early backup termination from a power-off on the client).

This caused the whole backup chain to be rejected, since
latest_backup_chain.end_time < sig_chains[i].end_time

There is already a check for the reverse situation in collections.py:

    (len(latest_backup_chain.get_all_sets()) >= 2 and
                          sig_chains[i].end_time == latest_backup_chain.get_all_sets()[-2].end_time)

Perhaps a condition like this should be added, but for the reverse case?

Thanks

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.