Re: [Question #402905]: Task 'BKP' failed with exit code '30'

edso posted a new comment:
On 01.11.2016 13:38, juniorfga wrote:
> Question #402905 on Duplicity changed:

> juniorfga confirmed that the question is solved:
> I've found the solution on this page
>
> http://boto.cloudhackers.com/en/latest/getting_started.html
>
> under the "Configuring Boto Credentials" topic, it seems that
> Duply/Duplicity is not updating the environment variables (e.g.
> AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID, AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY, AWS_SECURITY_TOKEN and
> AWS_PROFILE). so I've created a ~/.boto file with these contents:
>
> [Credentials]
> aws_access_key_id = YOURACCESSKEY
> aws_secret_access_key = YOURSECRETKEY
>
> and it start working

Junior,

why would you expect duply/duplicity to generate the file for you?
the boto backend sources say

    """
    Backend for Amazon's Simple Storage System, (aka Amazon S3), though
    the use of the boto module, (http://code.google.com/p/boto/).

    To make use of this backend you must set aws_access_key_id
    and aws_secret_access_key in your ~/.boto or /etc/boto.cfg
    with your Amazon Web Services key id and secret respectively.
    Alternatively you can export the environment variables
    AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY.
    """

did you export the AWS_* env vars beforehand at all?

note to self: the manpage is missing the infos above about amazon s3
access auth completely. have to update manpage accordingly.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.