Re: [Question #657939]: How to check backup (increment) integrity?

On 9/12/2017 22:58, ardabro wrote:
> New question #657939 on Duplicity:
>
> Is there any way to check integrity of backup files?
> I don't mean verification with comparison to original files.

verify does not compare to the source files since some time unless you
give he --compare-data parameter.

> I mean integrity test without touching source folder, i.e check whether any backup file is corrupted.
> The only way that came to my mind is restore with --dry-run but it'll check the whole backup and may last for ages.
> How to check integrity of certain increment? Is there any possibility?

no. as increments depend on earlier backups all those will be used as
well. from the man page

"
verify [--compare-data] [--time <time>] [--file-to-restore <rel_path>] <url> <local_path>
Restore backup contents temporarily file by file and compare against the local path’s contents. duplicity will exit with a non-zero error level if any files are different. On verbosity level info (4) or higher, a message for each file that has changed will be logged.
The --file-to-restore option restricts verify to that file or folder. The --time option allows to select a backup to verify against. The --compare-data option enables data comparison (see below).
"

it should be updated that data comparison is not the default anymore although the local_path is still obligatory. somebody needs to find the time to clean that out
.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.