Re: [Merge] lp:~aaron-whitehouse/duplicity/08-adorn-strings into lp:duplicity

Thanks Ede,

On 2018-07-20 10:21, edso wrote:
question. does it really make sense to adorn singular strings meant as
a code comment only eg.

 class GlobbingError(Exception):
-    """Something has gone wrong when parsing a glob string"""
+    u"""Something has gone wrong when parsing a glob string"""
     pass

..ede

It's a fair question. I certainly do not see any harm, but potentially there is no benefit either -- are there any situations that the unclear encoding of a docstring could cause us problems?

If not and people would rather not add these, I can modify the test in find_unadorned_strings.py to exclude docstrings (i.e. strings starting with ' """ ' the line after a def).

Thoughts?

Aaron