Duplicity Snap package (was Re: Ubuntu deb packaging instructions)

Hello Ken and list,

I have now created a snap package for duplicity and would appreciate all of your help testing it. You can install it by typing:
snap install duplicity --classic --beta
(see https://docs.snapcraft.io/installing-snapd for instructions for installing snaps on any distributions that do not natively support them)

See the Snapcraft site here: https://snapcraft.io/
> [...] Compared to what we do today, I see the following advantages:
> All dependencies are included within the package, [...] (https://docs.snapcraft.io/build-snaps/python)
>
> We can ship the same version of the app (using whichever versions of dependencies we like) for nearly all distros and versions of Ubuntu: https://docs.snapcraft.io/core/install [...]
>
> It is easy (and more secure) for users to install up-to-date versions of our app on old releases (e.g. "snap install duplicity --classic"), as compared to adding PPAs and keys.
>
> Snaps have a built-in channel model (https://docs.snapcraft.io/reference/channels), so we can manage the concepts of stable, beta and edge [...]
>
> [...] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3yusiCOCk) the Snapcraft site https://snapcraft.io/ [...]
>

> Snaps are the recommended app package for anything that traditionally changed enough to warrant a PPA [...]

I would appreciate it if those on this list could please download and test the snap. If it is working for everybody then I will promote it to stable (and then the command will become "snap install duplicity --classic"). I have been running it (and a 0.7.18.2-based snap before it) on my main backups and it seems to be working well. I do not use any backends, so I have not tested these, but the snap should include all our backend dependencies.
I started with the 0.7-series (instead of 0.8-series) snap because I want to do a stable release as soon as possible. Then we can upgrade people to the 0.8 series once it is released and we are happy it is stable.
Any issues, comments or questions welcome.
Kind regards,
Aaron