Re: Duplicity Snap package (was Re: Ubuntu deb packaging instructions)

All,

On May 1 2019, at 10:34 pm, Aaron Whitehouse <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have now created a snap package for duplicity and would appreciate all of your help testing it. You can install it by typing:
> snap install duplicity --classic --beta

If you do test this, it would be very helpful if you could please let me know, even if the only feedback is that all worked as expected (privately or on the list is fine).
It would also be helpful to know what backend you tested and what dependencies you had to install to make it work -- ideally the answer is "none", but I see that the requirements.txt in the 0.7-series is missing a number of backend-specific dependencies that are in the requirements.txt of the 0.8-series, so I may need to add some more in. This is a classic snap, so I think it will pick up dependencies installed normally on your system (unless you test it in a lxc/VM etc).
If you are giving any feedback, please also give the output of:
snap list | grep duplicity

Many thanks,
Aaron