Re: [Merge] lp:~carlalex/duplicity/duplicity into lp:duplicity

> On the minus, I would think it someday should become the default for s3. But, implementing a non-default boto3+s3 now doesn't preclude changing the defaults in the future.  I expect boto will die completely some day.

that's the beauty of switching backends via scheme. moving the default later simply means add s3:// to te new default backend and remove it from the old, which then can still be selected by the prefixed scheme (if needed). eg.

moving

duplicity.backend.register_backend(u"sftp", SSHParamikoBackend)
duplicity.backend.register_backend(u"scp", SSHParamikoBackend)

from paramiko back to pexpect would make the older legacy pexpect backend default again. simple as that.

..ede
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~carlalex/duplicity/duplicity/+merge/376206
Your team duplicity-team is subscribed to branch lp:duplicity.