e4200-e4300 team mailing list archive

Re: Buetooth

Albert Vilella wrote:
> I am forwarding the email to the list. I didn't see anybody
> complaining about it, but it may be different for different kernel
> versions.
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM, emilio <emiliomag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:emiliomag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Is bluetooth working with your E4300. In my case it seems that ubuntu
>     cannot find the bluetooth adaptor.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Emilio
>     --
>     This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
>     emilio (https://launchpad.net/~emiliomaggio
>     <https://launchpad.net/%7Eemiliomaggio>)
>     using the "Contact this team" link on the Dell Latitude
>     E4200/E4300 Laptop
>     team page to each member directly.
>     For more information see
>     https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople

Hi,

i am using Gentoo. I had to enable folowing kernel configs:

Device Drivers --->
  [*] HID Devices  --->
    <*>   USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support

[*] Networking support  --->
    <M> Bluetooth subsystem support  --->
        Bluetooth device drivers  --->
            <M> HCI USB driver
    <M> LC2CAP protocol support
        <M> RFCOMM protocol support
                <*> RFCOMM TTY support

After that i needed bluez-utils. I patched the 3.36 version the following:

/tools/hid2hci.c:

        { HCI, 0x413c, 0x8158, switch_dell     },       /* Dell Wireless
370 */
+      { HCI, 0x413c, 0x8162, switch_dell     },       /* Dell Wireless
365 */
        { -1 }

As already said, /etc/conf.d/bluetooth needs:

HID2HCI_ENABLE=true

Thats how it worked for me.
Perhaps i can help someone.

--