e4200-e4300 team mailing list archive

Guide to get the Track Stick scrolling into action

Hi since I couldn't find this information anywhere else and kind of
figured it out by changing the settings of my previous IBM T42 I thought
I share it with you.

Here is what you have to do to get Track Stick scrolling working in
Ubuntu 9.04 (should also be valid for 8.10):

Place the following content into a file (I called mine mouse.fdi) and
save it to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/mouse.fdi

----8<----
<match key="info.product" string="DualPoint Stick">
 <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheel" type="string">true</merge>
 <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheelButton" type="string">2</merge>
 <merge key="input.x11_options.ZAxsisMapping" type="string">4 5</merge>
 <merge key="input.x11_options.Emulate3Buttons" type="string">true</merge>
</match>
----8<----

Logout to make sure it's loaded (I know normally this should not be
necessary but in my case it was).

Hope this information is useful.

--
Dietmar.

email:  	dietmarw@xxxxxx
web: 		http://claimid.com/dietmarw
Jabber/GTalk: 	HeX@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

	Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean
	that they are not out there to get you!
 GnuPG-key: http://www.user.tu-berlin.de/dietbeje/dietmarw.asc
 key-ID: 769F 2461