e4200-e4300 team mailing list archive

Re: Anybody running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic)?

I run 64bit 9.04, with docking station & external monitor at work, just laptop at home. I typically go through suspend when going from work to home. Stability is fine, though I get a freeze periodically (~ once a week, though it happened twice this week). Your X conf needs to have a virtual display large enough to hold both the desktop and laptop display, or at least that's what's worked best for me. When I come out of suspend at home/out of dock, I often have to type my password, then close/open the lid, before seeing any display; and in this mode, the windows show up on the edge of the screen, I have to right click->move them in to view. In dock, I need to open lid & type password, then set screen resolution to turn on external display.

Probably more info than you wanted, but maybe I'm hoping somebody will give me a better procedure for switching. I suspect I could do some xorg.conf magic to make display switching work w/o the manual changes.

- tim

Karthik Paithankar wrote:
No problem with e4200 on 9.10 64.

I am very curious to install 64 bit instead 32 bit on my e4300. Any
comments on hibernate/sleep/and stability of X ?

Many thanks,
Karthik